Most people don't realise that candle burning times are affected by atmospheric conditions, such as extreme heat or draught.
We have put together some tips for you to help you get the most from your candles
- This may seem like common sense but.. always place candles in an upright position on a flat, even surface.
- Before lighting for the first time - always trim the wick to 1.2 cm
- When burning the candle for the first time - it should burn long enough to melt the candle wax to the edge. If you don't do this, the candle will burn straight down with a lots of candle wax wasted, as it creates a wide edge/rim.
- Never place candles directly on flammable material - always place on an appropriate candle holder, tray, plate
- Always keep at least 7 cm distance between candles - too close and they will burn unevenly
- Don't place a candle near extreme heat or an extreme draught such as an open fire or an open window.. the burn rate is quadrupled and the candles will burn very fast and unevenly
- Do not move a burning candle!
- Do not burn candles under or near anything that can catch fire
- NEVER leave a burning candle unattended
- If the flame gets too high - extinguish candle and re-trim the wick to 1.2 cm before lighting again
- If the edge/rim of the candle gets too high - the flame will flicker due to lack of oxygen and start sooting. Extinguish the flame. Cut the edge/rim back down to 1cm. This is best done when the candle is still warm, as it is nice and soft and will come away very easily
- Burn candles out of reach of children and pets!
- Always extinguish candles with care, preferably with a candle snuffer.
If you have any questions regarding the care of your product, or would like more information please contact Customer Care at Nordic House on 01872 223220