How to style your linen bedroom
It’s a sustainable natural fibre, beautifully textured, durable and temperature regulating. It is no wonder that linen is such a popular choice for bed linen. Read our styling tips to create your dream bedroom.
You've found the perfect linen sheets in a gorgeous shade, but how do you style your bedroom to make it a space to relax and rejuvenate? The first step is to decide what look you want to create. Linen lends itself to all interiors and the good news is, it only takes a few accessories to tailor it to your signature style.
- Collect brushed metal finishes for your bedside lamps, picture frames and
accessories – gold, copper or silver.
- Combine linen with sheepskin on your bed, or as a rug to step into each morning.
- Use natural textures, like aged wood and gorgeous sheepskin.
- Explore vintage stores and antique fairs for nostalgic finds, like our shutters, finished with coordinating furniture paint.
- Collect dried flowers, wildflowers and botanicals to style in glass vases.
Clean and contemporary
- Choose smooth white textures, like white washed wood or lacquered finishes for clean and crisp lines.
- Opt for glass bedside lamps and vases to keep things looking neat and tidy.
- Add a signature piece that fits with your favourite contemporary style statement – like a coral picture frame or velvet throw cushion.
Our style secret: layering
- The style secret every stylist wants to hold on to is layering. By adding variety to a room, you add interest, sophistication and a subtle thoughtfulness that elevates the feeling of the space.
- Layer textures, like linen, wood, ceramics, suede and glass. This gives your space a relaxed vibe, and enables you to embrace the purposely mismatched look.
- Layer colours, combining lighter hues with richer tones that complement and enhance each other. Pale pink works with light or darker grey accents, or blue and white with knitted accents for a coastal vibe.
- Layer scents, often overlooked in the bedroom. The natural fragrance of
eucalyptus will connect you with your senses, especially when layered with more subtle rose. Candles and diffusers can add fresh citrus tones, such as grapefruit and bergamot.
Blush Pink Linen Pom Pom Bedding, from £35