Style tips for creating a living room that's totally you
Relaxed elegance, creative colours and timeless design are the key elements for a calming Scandinavian style living room.
We believe that the living room should be just that: a room to live in. Perfectly positioned furniture is no good if it’s not also comfortable, welcoming and ready for family and friends to gather.
There’s no longer a sense that we need to have matching three-piece suites to make a room complete. We’re embracing a more eclectic mix of sofas, chairs, footstools and more so that your living room is well and truly yours.
Enjoy the process of evolving your own personal space, and embrace textures and layers.
Your home reflects you – the individual, the family, the sum of separate parts and much more. Whether you choose bright and bold or simple and sophisticated is an expression of the inner workings of your mind, heart and soul.
And this self-expression happens over time. Perhaps there’s a gorgeous armchair, designed to last for years, with cushions that come and go with the seasons. Or maybe you’re taken by a particular accent shade for a few years, before it’s time to change.
With exquisite British craftsmanship, our new furniture range is a wonderful anchor for your own space, and blends beautifully with your existing style and space.
How to style your living room
- Choose upholstery with woven fabrics and more visible texture.
- Combine natural, untreated wood with classic colours.
- Mix and match fabric colours and styles to enhance the rustic, eclectic look.
Clean and contemporary
- Opt for oiled wood finishes in clean, contemporary hues.
- Look for simple colour combinations that feel fresh and uplift you.
- Choose comfy and cosy blankets in coordinating colours for layering that still looks neat and tidy.
- Choose sumptuous upholstery, like velvet, that sparks a sense of luxury and decadence.
- Play with oversized love seats and footstools to enhance your sense of space.
- Add hints of luxury with sheepskin, brushed metal accessories and scented candles.
Top image: Allegra Velvet Furniture in Chiffon Pink from £495.
Bottom image: Allegra Upholstered Furniture from £450.