Tips to give your dinner table the Scandi look
The more you play with accessories for your dining table, the more confident you’ll become in creating a gorgeous atmosphere for mealtimes.
We all love to sit at a welcoming dinner table. Making it inviting and stylish can be a lot easier than you think as accessorising is an accessible art. Try these tips to find your own dining style with a Nordic influence.
Consider the following elements to help you fill your space:
- Table linen and covers: tablecloths, runners, placemats, napkins, coasters and heatproof mats
- Cutlery, including serving utensils
Glassware: water glasses, wine glasses, carafes and jugs
Tableware: plates, bowls, serving dishes
Candles and lighting: votives, tealights, and lanterns
- Flora: fresh or dried flowers, greenery, herbs
- Place settings: name cards, personal details, little touches|
Layering is your friend
- For a clean and contemporary look, try layering our charcoal check linen with crisp white Nordic Touch tableware and the café glass set with our timeless carafe. Keeping your colour palette and lines really simple creates a calming, spacious look.
- For a softer, more romantic look, we love our Woodrose Pom Pom Table Linen, combined with artisan grey tableware and our faceted wine glass collection. Combining deeper colours and nuanced textures will give your table a cosier feel overall.
Charcoal Check Table Linen, from £79 | Nordic Touch Tableware, from £8.50 | Sundby Dining Table, from £850